These crackers are perfect for cheesecake crusts, graham cracker crusts, s’mores, or just to have as a snack (excellent with cream cheese).
Homemade graham crackers have a delightful flavor from the molasses or honey — and a unique texture when made with graham flour, but you can make them from whole wheat flour, too.
- 240 grams/2 cups graham or whole wheat flour
- 53 grams/½ cup AP (white) flour
- 53 grams/½ cup brown or dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 85 grams of butter
- 60 grams molasses or honey up to
- 40 grams of milk (you can substitute 1 tbs of milk for 1 tbs of vanilla)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Cut in the butter until it is the texture of sand.
- Add in the molasses or honey plus the liquid.
- Stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to hydrate the flours.
- Roll out into the shapes you would like.
- Bake in a 350F/180C oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Cool and serve.